Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Still Life

 My daughter assigned me a task to create a couple of photos that have a wine theme to them. She gave me this assignment a while ago in hopes that she and her husband would find a house and get out of the apartment they were temporarily staying at because their house sold in August.

She told me that she wanted to have wine corks in at least one of the photos; I told her that I would probably use the corks in both to show the connection between the two. I'm not very good at creating attractive still "lifes", but I looked at a lot of "wine photos" that were posted on the internet to get some ideas of how to do it. This is what I came up with:


Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Kris, I do like the pic of the red wine glass. And the composition is GREAT !!!! Or even a smaller glass. I think that it would be better if you backed up some and the wine glass filled the shot less. Love the reflection in the glass and the wine bottle slightly out of focus...... And I think the same for the other pic. Back further...?

Mrs. McGuire said...

Good idea of backing up the wine glass farther. I'm going to try that because I'm not happy with the first one.

Anonymous said...

I like the wine glass and corks a lot. I struggle, just trying to get the right shot and right composition. And then getting in good focus. I haven't done so well lately. These look very nice, very professional..... Love the reflection.

Mrs. McGuire said...

Thanks, Suzi. I really like the second one, but the first one needs to be reshot. I think I'll use Jane's advice and move the glass back a bit. We'll see how that goes.