Wednesday, October 2, 2013

MACRO Lens

At Camera Rentals, a place in IN where one can rent a variety of photographic gear, I ordered a macro lens which arrived today. I have about 14 days to play with it and then send it back. I love ordering lenses to rent because then I can try them out for awhile and see which ones I like for the time when I decide to buy. They're so expensive, and I want to make sure that I buy something that I'm going to use and love. Anyway, of course, I had to try it out, so I wandered around the condo and this is what I captured:

I call this one "Hairy Bee."

I call this one "Flying Bee."

I know...not too original, but...
I love the macro lens; however, it's pretty specialized and while macro photography is something that I'm interested in pursuing, I'm not sure that I want a lens with a fixed length. It takes super sharp photos though, so...we'll see. Maybe if I win the lottery; of course, I have to play to win:)



3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE "Hairy Bee". . . color / clarity. . . GREAT!!! That should be a competition pic!!! I know what you mean about the "fixed" lens. Then you have to change to take a pic of something that you see when you turn around. LOL

Staci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Staci said...

I'm thinking you need to purchase a macro lens, woman! Nice pics! Nature mags, like Birds and Blooms or Our Iowa would eat these up.