Monday, September 30, 2013

Beyond the Snapshot



The above three photos are my first submissions to the Quad City Photo Club, which I joined in September along with two new friends Jane Bagby and Suzi Haars. The first Thursday in October is the second meeting, and that's where my three photos will be critiqued. I'll be happy if they all receive an average score of "7." This means that it's a good image that is technically correct and the photo "exhibits at least one element towards which photographers who are working at polishing their craft should be striving." Or maybe I should be expecting more of an average score of "6." This score means that the image has no significant technical flaws but also has not significant strengths. It doesn't generate any special interest or stir emotions. It doesn't really matter what the score is; what matters is that I moving beyond my comfort zone of friends/family telling me their opinions and letting STRANGERS look at my work. I can't wait!!


7 comments:

Staci said...

The chipmunk definitely stirs emotions of, "Awwwwww! It's so cute!" And how in the heck did you get that picture?

Mrs. McGuire said...

Thanks, Staci for reading my post. You're my first responder!! I was at the Botanical Gardens in Milwaukee when I heard a rustle in the bush behind me. I turned and there it was...It actually stayed there after an initial move to scurry away.

Anonymous said...

Really nice Kris. Anxious for the critique'n - Love the wagon one.

Mrs. McGuire said...

Thanks, Suzi!! Can't wait either. Did you send in some photos?

Unknown said...

These all look great Kris. . . can't imagine that anyone would find fault. . . ;-)

Anonymous said...

I finally sent in one...... farm type, nothing exciting.... just one that "I" liked.

Mrs. McGuire said...

Good for you, Suzi. At least we're all taking a little risk.