Monday, August 11, 2014

Be Still 52

I joined Kim Klassen's Be Still 52 class which started 12 weeks ago. I've been following along and enjoying the other participants' photos; however, I haven't joined the member directory or posted a photo on the class site. I like to "stalk" a bit before plunging into anything. I've always been that way.

This week's challenge is to take a photo of something unstaged...messy, even. This morning I was sitting in my comfortable recliner, watching a bit of tennis, and checking my emails, etc., on the computer when I heard a noise. I looked up and the wind had knocked down a small bottle of flowers onto a set of children's dishes that I'm giving to my granddaughter.

When I saw the outcome of the "crash", I thought to myself that I could use it for this week's unstaged challenge.

I used Kim's texture "annie" after a few minor edits. Here is the result:

A Breezy Mess


4 comments:

Jessica said...

Well, first, it's so nice to meet you! : )

Second, I love the combination of the blue and the purple from the cups and the flowers. Very nice result of an almost disaster!

Diana said...

Wow, love the florals. It's such a beautifully composed image.

Mrs. McGuire said...

Thanks Diana and Jessica for the comments. I love visitors!!

Jeanette said...

A very nice breezy Mess....;)