Sunday, December 8, 2013

Snowy Sunday

I braved the elements and took off with my camera this afternoon. To be honest, though, I had errands to run, but in my traveling, I thought I might come across some opportunities for a few photos. I made sure that I had a pair of gloves and a scarf; the next time I will be the proud of owner of a pair of Cuddle Duds per the advice of my good friend Christine Gilroy. I was headed to the downtown Davenport Library expecting it to be open on a Sunday when I happened across a lot of geese on the Mississippi River. I'm know for harassing these birds, so I needed to live up to expectations. I found a place to park, grabbed my camera, and started moving toward the river. All of a sudden desperate honks filled the quiet sky, and I knew that it wasn't going to take much to get these geese going!!!

When I saw that the library was closed, I decided to check out VandeVeer Park for the ducks...another bird that I like to harass. I found lots of them hanging out on the part of the pond that wasn't frozen.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good ones, great geese in flight! Not sure which one I like best, wings up or wings down. Either one - would be neat blown up.

Mrs. McGuire said...

Thanks for responding Suzi. Sorry I didn't respond back until now. I'm so glad that you posted some of your Washington D.C. photos. I'd like to see some more.